Kampala, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | The 2023 Ecobank Fintech Challenge has crowned Koree, a fintech company based in Cameroon, as its overall winner. The announcement came during the Grand Finale held at the Pan African Centre in Lomé, Togo, where a distinguished panel of judges revealed the victor. Koree triumphed amidst stiff competition from seven other fintech companies, all of which presented their innovative solutions to an independent panel of five judges.
These eight finalists were carefully chosen from an initial pool of over 1,400 fintechs hailing from 64 countries, underlining the remarkable growth and popularity of the competition since its inception six years ago. It also underscores the wealth of innovation and ingenuity, particularly on the African continent. Koree will receive a cash prize of US$50,000, with Wolf Technologies as the first runner-up, winning US$10,000, and Flexpay Technologies, the second runner-up, being awarded US$5,000.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project
- EducationFebruary 26, 2024Kakumiro schools fret over new curriculum