Mukono, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | China is extending opportunities to foreign businesses, granting them access to its vast market through events like the China International Import Expo (CIIE), according to Frandan Tumukunde, a coffee professional from Uganda. Tumukunde, a sales executive at Star Cafe in Uganda’s Mukono district, is eager to explore trade prospects at the upcoming CIIE, marking the company’s debut at the event, although their products have previously participated in other Chinese exhibitions.
The 6th CIIE, scheduled for November 5-10 in Shanghai, is anticipated to draw hundreds of foreign businesses aiming to tap into the Chinese market. Tumukunde is hopeful that at the expo, he will engage with more young Chinese consumers open to trying premium coffee products from Uganda. He notes a growing interest in coffee among the younger generation in China, which has driven increased coffee consumption in the country.
Tumukunde also highlights the expanding Chinese market, which he believes will pique the interest of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Uganda and across Africa. He emphasizes the value of such expos in connecting SMEs with potential buyers.
Star Cafe, as a private Ugandan enterprise, has already formed partnerships with Chinese companies through previous expos. According to the Uganda Export Promotion Board, the CIIE not only provides a platform for emerging economies to showcase their products to the Chinese market but also facilitates networking opportunities for Chinese enterprises to establish collaborations with foreign companies, enabling them to offer products or services both in China and globally.
Tumukunde welcomes new partnerships, emphasizing their openness to any partners interested in purchasing their coffee.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- HealthFebruary 28, 2024Kagadi Gov’t Driver Arrested Over Knocking Demonstrator Dead
- NationalFebruary 27, 2024Water Theft and Power Instability Plague Hoima City, NWSC Director Warns
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi