Five Months Old Baby Dies After Inhaling Maize Chemicals

Kagadi District | THE BLACK EXAMINER | Police in Kagadi district is investigating a case of neglect that led to the death of a five-months-old baby boy in I Kihereza cell, Muhoro Town council in Kagadi district.

According to Julius Allan Hakiza, the Albertine region police spokesperson, it is alleged that the deceased a son to Wembabazi Talemwa, resident of I Kihereza cell, Muhoro Town council in Kagadi district died after inhaling chemicals that their neighbor Robert Tumuramye had spread onto his maize.

Tumuramye a maize dealer and the parents of the deceased rent on the same house that is separated by an incomplete wall.

Advertisement

According the Talemwa, on Sunday evening, his neighbor spread a yet to be known chemical on his maize produce that spread to their room where the baby was sleeping. He adds that the baby inhaled the chemical hence he developed several breathing complications.

The baby was rushed to Kagadi hospital but died shortly after admission.

END

Ad Display
This ad will close in 15 seconds
Ad
WhatsApp Follow Button

Your Page Title

The Black Examiner®.

We come to you.

Want to send us a story or have an opinion to share? Send an email to editorial@examiner.co.ug or Join Our WhatsApp CHANNEL