- The man, who lived in rental houses on the same plot as his mother-in-law, heard the commotion from the adjacent rental houses and rushed to investigate.
A rescue mission turned tragic when a middle-aged man was stabbed to death by an enraged woman in the Kaplemeiwet area of Kipkoiyan, Belgut sub-county, in a suspected love triangle.
According to eyewitnesses, the man was stabbed to death while attempting to rescue his mother-in-law, who was allegedly fighting with another woman over a man.
The man, who lived in rental houses on the same plot as his mother-in-law, heard the commotion from the adjacent rental houses and rushed to investigate.
When he arrived at the scene, he discovered his mother-in-law fighting with another woman who lived in the same plot.
Residents of the plot claimed the two were fighting over a man who was in a sexual relationship with the assailant, but they had heard rumors that the other woman was also having a similar affair.
An argument erupted between the two, which eventually escalated into a physical confrontation.
The deceased could not sit back and watch his mother-in-law be beaten, so he intervened and attempted to separate the two.
After pulling his mother-in-law aside, the jilted woman took out a kitchen knife, intending to stab her rival, and aimed at her, but it pierced through the man’s neck, killing him immediately.
Members of the public who were watching the fight from a distance noticed that the man had been stabbed and attempted to save him, but as they waited for a way to rush him to the hospital, he died.
The assailant took advantage of the confusion to flee the scene to an unknown location.
The incident was later reported to the Sosiot police station, where officers responded quickly to the scene, removed the body, and moved it to the Kericho referral hospital mortuary.
Meanwhile, a manhunt is underway for a woman believed to be from Chepseon in the Kipkelion East constituency.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- I'm Nina, a Kenyan-born Tanzanian. I write about politics, business, investment, oil and gas, and climate. Reporting from Nairobi, Kenya. Daily News Tanzania (Tanzania) | Tuko (Kenya) | Eye Radio (South Sudan) | The Black Examiner (Uganda)
Author's Latest Articles
- AfricaFebruary 24, 2024Al-Shabaab: 30 militants killed in Somalia’s Lower Shabelle
- AfricaFebruary 17, 2024Museveni: NAM and multi polarity ‘force of peace in dangerous times’
- AfricaFebruary 12, 2024EAC adopts Mobile App to erase Non-Tariff Barriers
- Crime & InvestigationsFebruary 8, 2024Man Killed While Trying To Save Mother-In-Law From A Beating