This collaboration aims to boost smartphone adoption throughout Uganda, turning the aspiration of owning a smartphone into a reality for many.
EASYBUY, operated by Dexinte Finance Limited and introduced in Uganda in July 2023, is dedicated to easing the upfront financial burden typically associated with acquiring a smartphone. Through this partnership, EASYBUY services will now be accessible at various Airtel Uganda outlets, including Kingdom Kampala, Acacia, Ntinda, and more.
This offer is applicable to Itel, Tecno, and Infinix smartphones. The process is straightforward: customers need to make an initial payment of 30% of the total phone price, with the remaining balance spread out over a convenient 12-month period.
This initiative is driven by the surge in internet subscriptions, as highlighted in the UCC 3Q Market Performance Report for FY 2022/2023. With an increase of 1.2 million new internet subscriptions, reaching a total of 27 million, the demand for smartphones has reached unprecedented levels.
The partnership between Airtel Uganda and EASYBUY goes beyond business; it’s a significant step toward promoting digital inclusion, empowering Ugandans to connect, learn, and prosper in the digital realm.
Carol Asio, Head of Retail at Airtel Uganda, expressed her excitement, saying, “Through this innovative partnership between Airtel Uganda and EASYBUY, we are introducing a product that will make smartphone ownership more accessible than ever. This partnership reflects our commitment to breaking down barriers that hinder opportunities for Ugandans to connect, learn, and thrive in the digital age.”
Oscar Talon Mbabazi, Business Director at EASYBUY, echoed these sentiments, saying, “We are delighted to join forces with Airtel Uganda, a leader in the telecommunications industry, to expand the reach of our services and make high-quality smartphones available to even more Ugandans.”
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Tumwesige Ivan Kato is a Ugandan Journalist, filmmaker and social media influencer currently working with The Black Examiner newspaper and co-owns Abjine Media Group with his brother Busiinge Aggrey Insingoma
Author's Latest Articles
- Life & LoveFebruary 21, 2024Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Her Husband buys a car for his Mother
- Culture & SocietyFebruary 3, 2024Singer Phina Mugerwa named UNCC board vice-chair
- AfricaFebruary 3, 2024Rwandan Sensation The Ben to Headline Valentine’s Day Show in Kampala
- TechFebruary 1, 2024Google Search investigating another indexing issue