Kakumiro District | THE BLACK EXAMINER | A man in Kakumiro district has committed suicide in the home of his father-in-law. The deceased has been identified as Joseph Mawejje, 30 a Boda boda rider from Kisiita stage and a resident of Kyabanena cell, Kyabalitwa ward in Kisiita town council. The incident happened at an unknown time on Sunday night.
His lifeless body was found dangling on a tree, near the in-law’s home on Monday morning by area residents. It is reported that the deceased picked up a quarrel with his wife identified as Daphine Emugati on Wednesday last week for unknown reasons. In the process, he picked up a machete and hacked his wife severely on the head leaving her in critical condition.
The woman was rushed by her family members to Albertine Medical Center. Simon Okoli, the father-in-law to the deceased says he was alerted by his neighbors that someone had committed suicide near his home. He explained that when he rushed to check, they found that it was his son-in-law who had committed suicide by hanging on a tree.
He says it is not yet known as to why Mawejje decided to end his life in such a reckless manner. Isaac Saggula, the Kyabanena Village LCI chairperson, says that Mawejje has been smoking marijuana, saying this could have compelled him to commit suicide following a misunderstanding with his wife.
Junior Katwesige, the Kyabalitwa Ward councilor, says that domestic violence could be the root cause of such an evil act. Julius Hakiza, the Albertine Region police spokesperson, says that police retrieved the body and conveyed it to Kakumiro Health Center IV for postmortem before handing it to the relatives for burial.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project
- EducationFebruary 26, 2024Kakumiro schools fret over new curriculum