...

NAADS Distributes 76 Tons of Sunflower Seeds to Lango and Acholi Farmers

The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADs) has launched the distribution of 76 metric tons of sunflower oil seeds to farmers in the Lango and Acholi sub-regions.

The seeds have been allocated to 62 farmer cooperatives and 10 large-scale farmers under the co-funding initiative.

Under this initiative, farmers contribute 30 percent of the seed’s cost, while the government covers the remaining 70 percent.

Dr. Charles Aben, NAADS’s Crop Development Officer, clarified thbest jordans telecomando came g117 498f fw marc jacobs handtassen outlet mug bedrucken amazon bauchtasche eastpak zwei bauchtaschen Switzerland boss autoradio florida state jersey casio g shock dw 5600e 1ver lsu jersey xbox 360 freezing gorros invierno mujer ASU Jerseys minifalda vaquera el corte ingles t shirt gr 98at this seed distribution aligns with the government’s intervention to enhance vegetable oil production, a venture that commenced in 2022.

He emphasized that Uganda faces a shortage of vegetable oil, a challenge that can only be addressed by locally cultivating oil seeds.

Over time, oil seed producers have raised concerns about the high price of planting materials.

Where a farmer would get seeds from site coordinators linked to companies like Mukwano Group, spending between sixty-five to eighty thousand shillings but on selling back after the harvest the same individuals would get as little as eight hundred shillings per kilo, leading to substantial losses.

Among the cooperatives already benefiting from the sunflower seed distribution are the Erute North County Oil Seed Farmer’s Cooperative Society Ltd and the Agali Farmers’ Cooperative Society in Lira district.

The Alito Joint Farmers’ Cooperative Society Ltd in Kole district and the Ipara Cooperative in Dokolo district are also among the beneficiaries.

***

END

The Black Examiner®.

We come to you.

Want to send us a story or have an opinion to share? Send an email to editorial@examiner.co.ug or Join Our WhatsApp CHANNEL

Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.