- Singer Phina Mugerwa Masanyalaze has been appointed as the vice-chairperson of the Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC) board. The Uganda Musicians Association (UMA) announced the news and praised her dedication.
Phina Mugerwa Masanyalaze, a renowned singer, has assumed the role of vice-chairperson on the board of the Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC). The Uganda Musicians Association (UMA) shared the news through a social media post, expressing congratulations on her well-deserved appointment.
In their statement, UMA highlighted the significance of this accomplishment, attributing it to Phina’s dedication, talent, and leadership within the community. Additionally, Mugerwa currently serves as the general secretary of UMA, a position she recently took on after departing from the Uganda National Musicians Federation.
Phina Mugerwa will now collaborate with fellow board members such as Bebe Cool, Jose Chameleon, Lillian Mbabazi, and comedian Hannington Bugingo, contributing to the UNCC. UMA views this appointment as a pivotal moment for Uganda’s arts and culture sector, anticipating a positive and thriving future under the guidance of the new board.
The association encouraged everyone to extend heartfelt congratulations and support to Phina Mugerwa and the entire board of trustees, emphasizing their shared vision of fostering a unified and flourishing artistic community throughout Uganda.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Tumwesige Ivan Kato is a Ugandan Journalist, filmmaker and social media influencer currently working with The Black Examiner newspaper and co-owns Abjine Media Group with his brother Busiinge Aggrey Insingoma
Author's Latest Articles
- Life & LoveFebruary 21, 2024Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Her Husband buys a car for his Mother
- Culture & SocietyFebruary 3, 2024Singer Phina Mugerwa named UNCC board vice-chair
- AfricaFebruary 3, 2024Rwandan Sensation The Ben to Headline Valentine’s Day Show in Kampala
- TechFebruary 1, 2024Google Search investigating another indexing issue