Kasese District | THE BLACK EXAMINER | Colonel Cyril Mawa Muhindo, the Defense and Security Attaché at the Ugandan Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Congo, has described the current remnants of the ADF as mere bandits. He stated that the Uganda People’s Defense Forces (UPDF) will coordinate efforts to eradicate them entirely.
Col. Mawa, a fearless former commanding officer who served during the harrowing ADF attacks and abductions in the late nineties, asserted that the current sporadic attacks, conducted by what he referred to as armed scouts targeting vulnerable locations, will soon cease. He explained that this positive change results from the UPDF’s implementation of new tactics to confront these threats.
Speaking at the funeral of the late Alufosina Muhindo Tseletse, held at her marital home in Kyasenda village within Karambi sub-county, Kasese district earlier this week, Col. Mawa, a former overseer of the Popular Operation Fagiya Uchafu in Kasese district, appealed for calm and encouraged local community members to support the security operation by providing crucial information to aid in the fight against the enemy.
Col. Mawa, who also mentioned the possibility of recruiting local Defense Units, emphasized the importance of vigilance within the local community. He stressed that timely reports, as in the past, could greatly assist the ongoing combat operation against the ADF.
According to Kato wa Nyamuahanga, our contact in Bukonzo County West, the former Kasese district chairperson, who was one of the eighteen senior officers that graduated from the National Defense College in Njeru Municipality after completing the National Security and Strategic Studies program, expressed his appreciation for the work of religious leaders. He noted that their absence would lead to an increase in crime and discomfort for bereaved families.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- HealthFebruary 28, 2024Kagadi Gov’t Driver Arrested Over Knocking Demonstrator Dead
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project