Wednesday’s unexplained outage came a day after ChatGPT reported partial outages across the web app as well as the API.
Thousands of users from all corners of the globe flocked to social media in a panic after ChatGPT went down on Wednesday 8, 2023.
OpenAI had issued an update on its status page stating that the issue “We’ve identified an issue resulting in high error rates across the API and ChatGPT, and we are working on remediation”
However, according to several users, access to the artificial intelligence tool, as well as third-party tools connected to the platform via API, was revoked. Moreover, Down Detector also recorded a massive spike in outage reports shortly after 15:00 CAT on Wednesday, with 83% of the issues encountered on the ChatGPT web app.
According to OpenAI’s status monitoring site and Down Detector (which shares the same parent company as Mashable) both reported major outages. As of 6:02 a.m. PT/9:02 a.m. ET, OpenAI says it is aware of the issue and continuing to investigate it.
Earlier this week, OpenAI announced updates to ChatGPT at its very first developer conference. This included integrating DALL-E 3 with ChatGPT, updating its knowledge cutoff date to April 2023, and deploying GPT-4 Turbo to ChatGPT Plus users.
This story is developing…
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Tumwesige Ivan Kato is a Ugandan Journalist, filmmaker and social media influencer currently working with The Black Examiner newspaper and co-owns Abjine Media Group with his brother Busiinge Aggrey Insingoma
Author's Latest Articles
- Life & LoveFebruary 21, 2024Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Her Husband buys a car for his Mother
- Culture & SocietyFebruary 3, 2024Singer Phina Mugerwa named UNCC board vice-chair
- AfricaFebruary 3, 2024Rwandan Sensation The Ben to Headline Valentine’s Day Show in Kampala
- TechFebruary 1, 2024Google Search investigating another indexing issue