Kampala, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | On Wednesday, President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni hosted a delegation from the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, led by the chamber’s Board of Directors Chairman, H.E. Abdallah Sultan Al Owais, at State House Entebbe.
During the meeting, H.E. Abdallah Sultan and his delegation updated the President on the progress of the construction of the airport in Kidepo Valley National Park.
President Museveni approved the construction of the airport but advised the investors to prioritize the safety of wildlife in the park. He also assured the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry that they would receive tax exemptions for the project.
Furthermore, President Museveni pledged to mobilize the Uganda Hotel Owners Association to build hotels in the area to accommodate passengers using the airport.
H.E. Abdallah Sultan informed the President that upon completion, the airport would feature a 3,500-meter runway capable of accommodating aircraft such as the Boeing B777.
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry, established by an Amiri decree in 1970, plays a vital role in organizing economic activities and fostering trade, industry, agriculture, digital technologies, and various professions in cooperation with relevant organizations and local authorities.
Sharjah, the third-most populous city in the United Arab Emirates, is part of the Dubai-Sharjah-Ajman metropolitan area.
The meeting was also attended by Attorney General Hon. Kiryowa Kiwanuka, the Minister of State for Works and Transport Hon. Fred Byamukama, and the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Hon. Okello Oryem.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- HealthFebruary 28, 2024Kagadi Gov’t Driver Arrested Over Knocking Demonstrator Dead
- NationalFebruary 27, 2024Water Theft and Power Instability Plague Hoima City, NWSC Director Warns
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi