Kampala, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | The government is still in the process of securing funding to rehabilitate Salama School for the Blind, where a tragic fire claimed the lives of 12 students last year. According to Ms. Janet Museveni, the Minister of Education and Sports, the school faces numerous challenges, and the government is actively seeking the necessary resources for its rehabilitation. She emphasized the government’s commitment to providing support for the school.
Ms. Museveni made these statements while presiding over the inauguration of a girls’ dormitory built by the MTN Foundation. She acknowledged the school’s challenges and pledged government support to address them.
MTN Uganda’s CEO, Ms. Sylvia Mulinge, expressed the company’s dedication to improving the lives of the community and highlighted the new dormitory’s role in ensuring the safety of students.
This development comes almost a year after a tragic fire in the school’s dormitory claimed the lives of 12 visually impaired girls.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project
- EducationFebruary 26, 2024Kakumiro schools fret over new curriculum