- Kampala Metropolitan Police is actively pursuing Warugo Issa, a security guard who shot and killed Andrew Tumwebaze over a Shs 2,000 dispute. The police recovered a firearm from the scene and expressed concern over the rising incidents of gun violence involving security personnel.
The Kampala Metropolitan Police is actively pursuing Warugo Issa, a security guard affiliated with Absolute Guard Services, following the fatal shooting of 24-year-old Andrew Tumwebaze over a dispute involving Shs 2,000.
Luke Owoyesigire, the Deputy Spokesperson for Kampala Metropolitan, verified the incident in a police statement on Monday. He explained that the confrontation escalated into a deadly shooting when Warugo persistently demanded the owed Shs 2,000 from Tumwebaze.
Owoyesigire reported that a scene assessment led to the recovery of an SAR with five rounds of ammunition, which will aid in the ongoing investigation. The body of the deceased was transported to the city mortuary in Mulago for a postmortem and autopsy report.
Expressing concern about the increasing instances of gun violence involving security personnel, Owoyesigire called for dialogue with security agencies to address the issue. He emphasized the need for engaging with security companies to establish proper guidelines for conflict resolution when their employees are armed.
Owoyesigire stated, “Our immediate focus is locating the suspect and ensuring that he faces the legal consequences of his actions. We are troubled by the recurring incidents of security personnel resorting to lethal measures during disagreements. Efforts are underway to collaborate with security companies to establish appropriate protocols for conflict resolution.”
The police have urged the public to come forward with any information regarding Warugo’s whereabouts to aid in the pursuit of justice for the untimely death of Andrew Tumwebaze.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 25, 2024Bishop Kakooza to Mark Priestly Silver Jubilee with Prayer
- Crime & InvestigationsFebruary 25, 2024Masindi pupils storm police station protesting arrest of teacher, classmates
- AfricaFebruary 25, 2024Kenyan Runner Kipkorir Collapses, Dies at Mount Cameroon Race
- Crime & InvestigationsFebruary 25, 2024Ugandan mothers sentenced for sending children to beg