Kampala, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | The First Lady of Burundi, Angeline Ndayishimiye, paid a courtesy visit to President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni at State House Entebbe. Also present was the First Lady and Minister for Education and Sports, Janet Kataaha Museveni.
During her visit, Ms. Ndayishimiye expressed her gratitude to the President for his warm welcome and the exceptional hospitality she received during her stay in the country.
President Museveni welcomed his guest at State House and expressed his appreciation for her visit, extending his best wishes for a safe journey back home.
Additionally, Ms. Ndayishimiye informed the President that earlier in the day, she visited the Children’s Surgical Hospital in Entebbe.
Minister for Health, Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng, provided information about the hospital, stating that it has conducted over 1700 surgeries to date.
“We currently have 17 children from Burundi at the hospital, with four of them having undergone surgeries, and others are in the preparation stage,” the minister added.
Aceng also emphasized that the hospital serves the entire region, accommodating children from across Africa. The hospital specializes in gastrointestinal issues, abdominal malformations, cases related to the blood and kidneys (urological cases), as well as plastic surgery.”
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project
- EducationFebruary 26, 2024Kakumiro schools fret over new curriculum