Darius Mugoye (1981 – November 7, 2023) was a prominent figure in Ugandan football, best known for his role as the second vice president of the Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA). He was born in Rubanga, Sheema District.
Darius Mugoye was born in 1981 in Rubanga, Sheema District. He was a key figure in Ugandan football and was widely respected for his dedication and service to the sport.
Football Administration Career
Darius Mugoye’s contributions to Ugandan football included the following roles and responsibilities:
- St. Mary’s New Hope FC: He owned and managed St. Mary’s New Hope FC, which competed in the Kampala Regional League. The team was affiliated with St. Mary’s SS in Nabweru, which he also owned.
- Kawempe District Football Association: He served as the Treasurer of the Kawempe District Football Association between 2008 and 2012.
- FUFA Executive: In 2013, he was appointed as the second vice president of FUFA and also served as the Secretary of the FUFA Licensing Board.
- Chairman of FUFA Competitions Committee: He chaired this committee between 2013 and 2017.
- FUFA Women Adhoc Football Committee: In 2015, he was appointed as the Chairperson of the FUFA Women Adhoc Football Committee, overseeing the inception of the FUFA Women Elite League (now FUFA Women Super League).
- Local Organizing Committee (LOC): He served as the chairman of the LOC for the 2019 CECAFA U20 Championship, which was held in Gulu and at the FUFA Technical Centre, Njeru.
- FUFA SACCO: Mugoye was the Chairman of the FUFA SACCO since its inception in 2021.
- FUFA Finance Function: In 2022, he was appointed to head the FUFA Finance function as part of the restructuring of the internal operations of the FUFA Executive.
- FUFA Stakeholders, Strategic Relations and Innovations Committee: In 2022, he was appointed by the FUFA President to head this committee during the restructuring of the internal operations of the FUFA Executive.
- FUFA Working Committee for East Africa Pamoja AFCON 2027 Bid: In 2023, he served as a member of the FUFA working committee for the East Africa Pamoja AFCON 2027 winning bid.
- Board of Directors: He served as a member of the Board of Directors at FUFA Media Services Limited, FUFA Sportswear Limited, and the FUFA Hospitality and Travel Agency Limited.
Darius Mugoye’s unexpected passing was a significant loss to the FUFA community and the wider football fraternity in Uganda. He will be remembered for his commitment and passion for the development of football in the country.
According to FUFA, Darius Mugoye’s funeral will take place on Thursday, November 9, 2023, in Rubanga, Sheema District.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Business Aggrey" is a 23-year-old Ugandan journalist and Editor-in-Chief at The Black Examiner newspaper
Author's Latest Articles
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Family Attempts to Bury Daughter at Neighbor’s Home After Fatal Accident
- NationalFebruary 26, 2024Boda Boda Rider Killed in Peaceful Demonstration Over Neglected Road in Kagadi
- BusinessFebruary 26, 2024Uganda Prisons Service Confirms Luzira Relocation for Five-Star Hotel Project
- EducationFebruary 26, 2024Kakumiro schools fret over new curriculum