Kampala, Uganda | THE BLACK EXAMINER | KCCA FC, the thirteen-time Uganda Premier League champions, are on the verge of parting ways with head coach Sergio Daniel Moniz Traguil. Following the initial report by Sports Nation about the impending contract termination, Pulse Sports has learned that the KCCA FC board, which convened on Saturday, is indeed inclined toward severing ties with Traguil.
Reports indicate that six out of the nine board members in the meeting reached an agreement for his departure. The responsibility for implementing this decision was entrusted to the CEO, Anisha Muhoozi. However, the delay in reaching a compensation agreement for Traguil has somewhat hindered the swift execution of the decision.
Furthermore, it is worth noting that Traguil conducted his final training session with KCCA on Monday, under floodlights. Assistant head coach Jackson Magera is expected to take over on an interim basis, though the permanent replacement remains to be determined.
Notably, Traguil assumed the position of KCCA head coach in June on a two-year employment contract but now faces an exit after only five months. The club has endured its worst start to the Uganda Premier League, suffering defeats in their opening matches. They were beaten by BUL FC (1-0), Maroons FC (2-1), Express FC (2-1), and most recently, a 3-1 loss to Kitara FC last Friday.
Rumors suggest that Traguil’s strained relationship with several senior figures within the club contributed to his imminent departure.
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Tumwesige Ivan Kato is a Ugandan Journalist, filmmaker and social media influencer currently working with The Black Examiner newspaper and co-owns Abjine Media Group with his brother Busiinge Aggrey Insingoma
Author's Latest Articles
- Life & LoveFebruary 21, 2024Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Her Husband buys a car for his Mother
- Culture & SocietyFebruary 3, 2024Singer Phina Mugerwa named UNCC board vice-chair
- AfricaFebruary 3, 2024Rwandan Sensation The Ben to Headline Valentine’s Day Show in Kampala
- TechFebruary 1, 2024Google Search investigating another indexing issue