- One person was killed and five others injured in an explosion in Maguindanao del Sur, Philippines, during preparations for a family event in South Upi town, according to the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao regional police, with details of the bombing not provided; this incident follows a gym explosion at Mindanao State University in Marawi City on Dec. 3, resulting in four deaths and around 50 injuries.
MANILA, Dec. 8 (Xinhua) — One person was killed and five others wounded in an explosion in the southern Philippine province of Maguindanao del Sur late Friday, local police said.
The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao regional police said the blast occurred in South Upi town at night while the victims were preparing for a family event.
The police did not give further details of the bombing.
The blast occurred days after an explosion took place inside a gym of the Mindanao State University in Marawi City on Dec. 3, killing four people and injuring around 50 others. ■
The Black Examiner®.
We come to you.
- Xinhua News Agency, or New China News Agency, is the official state news agency of the People's Republic of China. A State Council's ministry-level institution founded in 1931, Xinhua is the largest media organ in China.
Author's Latest Articles
- AfricaFebruary 3, 2024China remains Africa’s largest trading partner for 15 consecutive years
- NationalFebruary 2, 202419 killed, 17 others injured in South Sudan communal clashes
- AfricaFebruary 2, 2024Kenya launches fund to support peacekeeping operations
- AfricaJanuary 19, 2024East African leaders call for immediate ceasefire in Sudan