65 Students Cheat Death as Fire Guts Mbogo High Dormitory

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Police authorities in Kawempe are currently investigating a fire outbreak that occurred at Mbogo High School, situated in the Mbogo zone of Kawempe, within Kampala district.

On the date of 26th July 2023, at approximately 01:56 hrs, the Kawempe Fire Brigade was alerted to the incident and swiftly responded to the scene at Mbogo High School.

The fire brigade team successfully extinguished the fire, which had erupted in the S.3 girls’ dormitory, a facility that houses more than 65 students. Thanks to their timely intervention, the brigade managed to prevent severe damages, but unfortunately, 34 double-decker beds and various scholarly materials were lost to the blaze.

Preliminary assessments point to an electric short circuit as the probable cause of the fire outbreak. Consequently, authorities urge school administrators to prioritize the use of qualified electricians for any electrical installations within their premises.

Fortunately, there were no reported casualties or injuries, and the situation at the school has now returned to normalcy, with calm prevailing on the campus.

Document WhatsApp Follow Button

Share This Article
Examiner. Unfolding The Truth
We come to you. Want to send us a story or have an opinion to share? Send an email to editorial@examiner.co.ug
I've got feedback!
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *